Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Drive-thru soap operas, part 10 What I Wanted (Lisa)

Lisa watched Sharon run off down the hall. She frowned; she had gotten what she wanted, but she was not happy. She looked back at Brandon, and asked, "So, where does this leave us?"
Brandon sighed, glancing after the distraught Sharon, and back at the confused Lisa. "I don't know."
"Well, maybe... this will help." She leaned up, brushing her lips over his. She felt the familiar warmth of his kiss, and realized how much she had missed it. His arms looped around her waist, pulling her against him. Everything slowed down, and, when he pulled away, she was left dizzy and weak.
"I'm sorry," he whispered.
This brought her out of her daze. She stared at him, not comprehending anything. "W-what?"
"I'm sorry," he repeated, avoiding her eyes. "I... I can't do this. I've made a lot of mistakes, and... I need to... to make things right."
"What do you mean?" Lisa asked, panic shivering in her stomach.
He looked at her, and she could see the change that had come over him. "I can't be with you, Lisa. You're not what I wanted. I thought you were, but...." He shook his head, and Lisa shook hers with him, but he did not see it. "I'm sorry, Lisa. I have to go." He broke away from her, chasing after the girl she had chased away.
His words rang in her head. You're not what I wanted. You're not what I wanted. You're not what I wanted.... Lisa stared after him, thinking, But you're what I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment