Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Drive-thru soap operas, part 11 The Finale (Brandon)

Brandon flew down the hall, his heart pounding as he searched for Sharon. At last, he spotted Raven, whom he had seen hanging around Sharon yesterday. He jogged to her side, a hand going to her shoulder. "Raven! Have you seen Sharon? I need to talk to her. It's an emergency."
Raven stared at him, a glare darkening her features. "She ran out just a minute ago. I guess she was heading home. You know," she said, rounding on him with a fury that made Brandon's hand jump off of her shoulder, "I stood up for you yesterday. Lisa was trying to scare Sharon out of dating you, but I told her to go ahead. I told her that Lisa was just full of hot air. I guess she wasn't." She jabbed his chest with her finger. "You pretentious, pompous prat! Don't you know what you're losing here? Sharon would have been good for you! She could have turned your wasted life around! And you just went and ruined it! I hope you realize what you've done."
"I have," was all he said, before rushing out into the rain that had started a little earlier.


Brandon finally arrived at Sharon's house after pushing through the traffic. It was pouring rain but he didn't care. He hopped out onto the sidewalk in front of her house. He was about to run up to her door, but it was already opening.
Sharon slipped outside, shutting the door, and stepping down the walk.
Was she expecting me? Brandon thought as he watched her approach.
"Hello, Brandon Hall," she said, just as she had the night he had asked her out. She was in front of him now. The rain ran down her face in silvery rivulets.
"Sharon," he said. "I'm so-"
"No," she interrupted, and Brandon could hear the steady, unwavering calm in her voice. It was cold, and frightening. "Listen. I knew it was a bad idea to get involved with you. But I decided to do it anyway, and now..." - she sighed - "I'm regretting it."
"Don't say that," he said, pleading. "You don't mean that."
"You know what, I do. I'm sorry, Brandon Hall, but I can't go out with you. Not now, not ever." She lifted her face to his, and, for a moment, he thought that she was going to kiss him. But her head passed him, so close that he could feel the warmth of her breath on his cheek, and he blushed. Her lips were at his ear now, and she whispered, "I took a chance on you, but you're the one who lost. Goodbye, Brandon." She turned, and, with all of the grace that she had walking into his life, she walked out of the rain, and out of his life.
Fin!

2 comments:

  1. What the?! Why are you stopping it? That sux!

    -M.D.-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stopping it because: A.) Sharon would never go out with him after that. and B.) I'm tired of it and I want to do a different story. If you want to write a fanfiction about it then be my guess, but that is the end. Thank you for following it, and I hope you will enjoy the next series.

    ReplyDelete